Everyone likes a simple recipe, especially when the end-result is tasty.
These easy flapjacks are chewy and moist, and they’ll last for 5-6 days in an airtight container.
They’d be great to make with children too, introducing them to simple cooking (weighing, mashing, stirring etc).
- 1 banana (ripe or very ripe, no problem)
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of non-dairy margarine
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon of maple or agave syrup
- 1½ cups of rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oats if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Melt together the margarine, coconut oil and maple syrup. Most vegan margarines need to be melted slowly or they will split. It won’t harm this recipe if that happens, just keep going regardless.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the banana and the blueberries.
- Add the rolled oats and the spices to the bowl, then pour over the melted margarine/ maple syrup/ coconut oil.
- Mix everything together well and pour into a lined baking tin, pressing it down well. I used a 20cm/8″ round tin but a similarly-sized square one would be fine too.
- Bake at 170°C for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
- Leave in the baking tin to cool for 30 minutes (better still, put it in the fridge), then cut into portions.
This recipe is a veganised version of My Rumbling Tum‘s orginal post. Thanks x