Hummus is so easy to make but sometimes you want a change.
Here are two easy recipes for tasty dips. They also make great toppings for bruschetta or just spread on hot toast!
Guacamole (just four ingredients)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove, crushed into a paste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Remove the outer skin from the avocado and take out the stone. Mash the avocado flesh in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and garlic and mix thoroughly. Add salt to taste. Serve straight away.
Black Olive & Lemon Tapenade
- 100g black olives, stones removed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients into a small food processor and process until smooth and combined.
- Serve with some whole black olives (take the stones out first) and lemon wedges
The guacamole recipe is based on one I learned on the Vegetarian Society’s Vegan Toolkit cookery course.
The tapenade is from the BBC’s excellent food website.