Need cookies in a hurry? These maple syrup cookies are quick to make and only need 10 minutes in the oven.
They last for 2-3 days in an airtight box (or about 2-3 hours in my house when the kids are here. Thanks Jordan and Shannon!)
Ingredients (makes about 12-15 cookies)
– 120g margarine
– 120g soft brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons apple sauce
– ½ cup maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 330g plain flour
– 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC.
- Cream together the sugar with the margarine in a large bowl, then add the apple sauce, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt, one after the other, then mix everything together thoroughly so there are no traces of flour.
- Roll the mix into little balls of dough and put them on a baking tray that’s been lined with baking paper. It’s a very sticky mixture. Don’t worry, though, it’s supposed to be like that. Make sure the cookie balls are about 2-3cm apart, as they will rise and expand in the cooking process.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes and let them cool on a wire rack.
Adapted and updated from this recipe. Thank you.