Nice big, rustic-looking muffins, oozing with blueberries and a little bit of chocolate.
With no sugar in them, they’re not too sweet. They’re fairly healthy too, so far as anything with chocolate in it is ever healthy.
It’s not much chocolate really and you could leave it out completely if you were feeling virtuous.
Ingredients: (Makes about 12 muffins)
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 100g blueberries
- 50g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175ºC.
- Use a non-stick muffin tray or line the tray with silicone/non-stick muffin cases as they might stick to paper muffin cases.
- Add the oats and flour to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- Add the bananas, soy milk and maple syrup to the bowl and mix with a spoon. Add in the blueberries.
- Put the mixture into the muffin tin, filling up to the top of the muffin cases.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top. Depending on size of your muffin tray, they could take longer or shorter for bigger or smaller muffins.
Like this? Try these too: