It’s just a small addition to a meal but it tastes great and makes a real difference to the presentation.
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly sliced up
- 300g of frozen peas
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- Half a dozen mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons of soy cream
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pour the stock into a pan, add the sliced garlic and bring to the boil.
- Once the stock is boiling, add the frozen peas and turn down the heat a little. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mint leaves and simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Using a stick blender (alternatively tip into a food processor), purée it to your desired consistency. Hint: It’s supposed to be a purée, not a soup, so it should be quite thick!
- Taste it now and check if it needs any extra seasoning. It might not, as some vegetable stocks are quite salty anyway.
- Stir in the soy cream, and add lemon juice to taste. Now it’s ready to use.
- Smear it artistically on your plate 🙂
Like this recipe? Try these next: