These savoury, seeded biscuits are based on Nigel Slater’s spelt biscuits (on the BBC Food website). They only have a few ingredients so they are very quick and easy to make.
- 90g wholemeal flour
- 50g softened margarine or vegan butter
- 50-60g of seeds of your choice eg pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds/linseeds
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Put the flour, margarine and seeds into a bowl and mix them together roughly.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water and bring the mixture together into a dough.
- Roll out the dough to approx 3mm thickness, and cut out circles about 5cm/2″ diameter. You’ll probably get about 10-12.
- Bake them at 180°C/350°F for about 10-12 minutes until they are slightly browned. They’ll firm up slightly (you want this) if you leave them to cool for a few minutes after cooking.
Like this? try these too:
- Macaroni Cheeze (the vegan version of Mac’n’Cheese and it tastes great)
- Vegan egg mayo
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Spring Onion Savoury Scones
- Peanut butter fudge