Sometimes you need an easy meal, using ingredients you’ve got already in the house.
This roast vegetable tart uses ready-made puff pastry and makes a simple, light lunch for 2-3 people.
- 1 x pack of ready made puff pastry
- Small assortment of vegetables: We used half an aubergine, half-a-dozen thinly sliced chestnut mushrooms, half of a red bell pepper and a few chopped spring onions
- 2-3 tablespoons of pesto (in the UK? Try this vegan pesto from Sacla)
- Balsamic glaze, which is the thick, syrupy version of balsamic vinegar. If you’re in the UK, Sainburys, Tesco and Asda all sell this.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- Roll out your puff pastry straight onto a baking sheet. Spread a thin layer of pesto on it, leaving a 2-3cm gap around the edges.
- Arrange your vegetables on top, season them with salt and pepper, and drizzle with a little balsamic glaze. Hint: don’t overload it with veg or it’ll take longer to cook. The pastry will probably go soggy too as the heat won’t properly cook through the base under all the vegetables.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden and crispy.
- Slice, serve and enjoy x
Like this? Try these too:
- Cherry and Almond Cake (vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, easy and tasty)
- Blueberry, banana & walnut bread (Vegan malt loaf!)
- Vegan Chicken and Mushroom pies
like this – will try and make it this week – nice recipes 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s kind, thank you x
Pingback: Savoury vegetable crumble | Peveril Blog